You are here:  Home » Blog Action Day » Come on everyone, let’s walk the talk, start embodying Human Rights @BlogActionDay12 We’re all one

7 Responses so far.

1. Vatsala Shukla says:

Someone has to say it and I’m glad you did, Angela. To bring about change, it is not enough to make beautiful charters and teach school children to learn it by rote. It starts with us and how we live up to the ideal in our own small way everyday. Gandhiji started the Freedom Movement that lead to an independent India with this concept. He started at the grass root level and brought about the change that he wanted in his lifetime. A sovereign India. We all have it in us. One day at a time, one step at a time.

2. Monica Bourgeau says:

Thank you for bringing attention to the important issue of human rights and also about BAD13. You inspired me to blog about this topic today as well too. Thanks again :)

3. Lyndah Malloy-Glover (@nbalance2) says:

Hi Angela,

Your post is full of fire and poised to inspire. Man’s inhumanity to man is common place today. Most have been desensitized and is unaffected by the graphic pictures, passionate speeches, and videos flooding the airways and the internet.

What so we do. You have done it. You spoke out and provided a platform for others of like mind to speak, to call for individual commitment to be better to ourselves so that we can be better to another.

You can’t give what you don’t have. Until self love becomes the flavor of the month, love of others (humanity to man)will not take center stage.

My mantra, self talk, “The change I want to see must began with me.”

Thanks for fire,
    Namaste!

4. Erika Licon says:

Hi Angela,
    Bravo! I can go on and on and applaud you for this post. But, I’ll keep it short and sweet. I think you may find interesting “Shadows of Liberty” documenting Nike’s use of sweatshop labor in Asia and the documentary being buried by CBS. I make myself aware of these ongoing atrocities to remain active, positive, and aware. I know the power of prayer and love, and focusing them on these types of injustices. Of course, I also use our USA freedom as consumers to not support these offenders of human rights. Thank you Angela!

5. Kelly says:

it all starts with a choice. I love that. It can be so overwhelming to know where to start and what we can do. Thanks for this post and the link. Onward x

6. Mark says:

Angela,

In my opinion, there is a higher reasoning for the emotional fulfillment of all(us)sapiens to which we all strive. And that, I believe, is the spirit of competition that cultivates, as well as motivates, in living a totally fulfilling life, however gainfully, and sometimes selfishly, at others expenses. (I’m sure master Gandhi rolls in his grave sometimes at our ignorance of his wisdom). Universal feelings of joy, bliss, contentment, peace and tranquility are yes, continuously sought, but what for the love and spiritual well being of all others in our planning, if be it only one, that mutually feels the same way, in a country or otherwise. Many have given their lives to support this puritan concept to which I conform. I agree though thoroughly Angela that all the answers of our restless souls lie humbly waiting and patient in all of us, only to be joyfully discovered by at least by one other kindred soul. I wish your heart the same love and warmth that is being bountifully given to us…